Depression Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Robin Williams

Go down

Remembering Robin Williams Empty Remembering Robin Williams

Post by Admin Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:45 pm

Remembering Robin Williams Images10

I don't know all the circumstances about Robin Williams death, just rumors that I have heard, I need to do more research about it.  I did hear that he had committed suicide by hanging himself and was found by either a friend or family member.  
The news of his death came as a great shock to me.  I grew up watching Robin Williams, loved him as an actor and a comedian, and found inspiration in the valuable messages that his movies portrayed.  
I had heard that he struggled many years with depression.  I found that shocking though I don't really know why.  I myself love to joke around, be silly and spontaneous, and I have told many people that my humor and goofy personality is a coping mechanism to help me deal with the issues in my life that cause me stress and make my depression worse.  I don't know why I didn't consider that the same could have been true for Robin.  
I thought that being famous, having money, and being who he was was enough to make him happy and free from mental illness but how wrong I was.  Anyone can suffer from depression no matter who they are or how much money they have.  I should have known this, I did know this, was taught this in my college classes, and yet I was still shocked and of course devastated by the news.  
I myself have attempted suicide several times.  I think about it all the time, there are days when yes I do want to die, I even pray for death.  But when I really think long and hard about it, I realize that I don't want to leave my family and friends in that kind of way.  Death will come for me whether I am ready for it or not, and even though there are days when living seems too hard to deal with, I still want to fight and hang on as long as I can, for my children's sake if for no other reason.
As for Robin, he was and still is dearly loved and will be greatly missed.  Sad  RIP Robin, you brought joy and laughter to so many, its a shame that no one could do the same for you.
Remembering Robin Williams Rwb11
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dsfhere4u.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum